The Centre for Interdisciplinary Research (CIR) was established by the Institute in order to promote cross-interdisciplinary research. The Centre was inaugurated by Prof. P. Chakrabarti Director,MNNIT Allahabad on 28th November 2012. In view of the dramatic developments in the field of Science and Technology research, CIR has been established in the Institute to keep pace with current cutting edge research.
One of the primary objectives of Institute is to provide best research and analytical facilities for its entire undergraduate, postgraduate, research scholars and faculty. With this vision the CIR is being established in the Institute. In addition to serving the Institute, the Centre also welcomes researchers all over the country to use the facility at nominal cost. The Centre also looks forward for collaborative research program with other leading Technical Institutions/Universities and Research laboratories. The functioning of CIR is being coordinated by a core committee and a technical committee constituted by the Director from among the faculty members of the Institute.
The objective of the centre is:
- To house all high-end machine and equipments at one central place to avoid duplication in individual departments.
- To promote cross-disciplinary research.
- To provide the state-of-art facility for the young scientists to carry out their research work smoothly and simultaneously to promote patents in the field of technology.
- To encourageresearch projects aimed at the development of new devices, techniques and tools.
- To organise short-term courses/workshops on the application and hands-on-training of various instruments and techniques for undergraduates, postgraduates, research students and faculties.
- To develop device prototypes for possible commercialization.