Department of Biotechnology
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Prayagraj, India-211004
Telephone: +915322271240(O) NA(R) 08126936411(M)
1. A novel composition for surface modification of anode for electrochemical application, Patent application no. temp/e- 1/19694/2019- del, Date of filing: 10/05/2019
2. A multimodular Microbial Fuel Cell, Patent application no. 202011055658 dated Dec 21, 2020.
Radha Rani, Juwarkar A, 2012, Bioremediation of organophosphate insecticides: A rhizoremediation approach. ISBN No. 978-3-659-20942-0. Lambert Academic Publications, Germany
• Sharma S, Pandey A, Negi S, Singh NKS, Agarwal V, Sachan M, Nara S, Mani A, Rani R, Rai AKR, Kumar S, Srivastava S, (2013) Proceedings of international conference on "Health Environment and Industrial Biotechnology- Biosangam-2013', Publisher: McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd. ISBN: 978-9-33-290137-7.
• Sharma S, Pandey A, Negi S, Singh NKS, Agarwal V, Sachan M, Nara S, Mani A, Rani R, Rai AKR, Kumar S, Srivastava S, (2013) Souvenir of international conference on "Health Environment and Industrial Biotechnology- Biosangam-2013', Publisher: Excellent Publishing House, New Delhi, ISBN: 978-93-83083-41-1.
• Sharma S, Pandey A, Negi S, Singh NKS, Agarwal V, Sachan M, Nara S, Mani A, Rani R, Rai AKR, Kumar S, Srivastava S, (2016) Proceedings of international conference on "Translational Biotechnology- Biosangam 2016", Feb 4-6th, 2016, Harileela Publications, Allahabad. ISBN No. 978-93-80635-20-0.
1. Juwarkar A.A., Radha Rani, Singh S. K., 2006, Rhizoremediation: An emerging tool in management of Pollutants: Environmental Biotechnology (C.S.K. Mishra, A.A. Juwarkar, eds). APH Publication Co. New Delhi, India, pp. 19-54. ISBN: 9788131301852
2. Radha Rani and Asha Juwarkar, 2013, Interactions between plant growth promoting microbes and plants: Implications for microbe- assisted phytoremediation of metal contaminated soil, in book entitled "Recent advances towards improved phytoremediation of heavy metal pollution". editor: David W. M. Leung, Bentham Publications USA. pp 3-39. ISBN: 978-1-60805-665-1.
3. Kushwaha A, Radha Rani, Agarwal V, 2016, Environmental fate and eco-toxicity of engineered nanoparticles: Current trends and future perspectives. in book entitled : Advanced nanomaterials for wastewater remediation, eds, Gautam R, Chattopadhyay MC, pp 387-404, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis. ISBN: 987-1-4987-5333-3.
4. Kushwaha A, Kumar S, Rani R, 2017, Mechanism of Soil-Metal-Microbe Interaction and Its Implication on Microbial Phytoremediation, in the book entitled Environmental Science and Engineering, Vol 8: Biodegradation and Bioremediation eds, Gurjar B, Govil JN, et al. Stadium Press, LLC, USA, 1-62699-096-4
5. N Sharma, Devendra Singh, Radha Rani, D. Sharma, H. Pandey, V. Agarwal, (2017) Carboxy methyl chitosin and its nanocarriers: Application and Opportunities, in Nanomaterials in Plants, Algae, and Microorganisms, Concepts and Controversies: Volume 2: Eds D.K. Tripathi, P. Ahmed, S Sharma, D Chauhan, NK Dubey, Elsevier, eBook ISBN: 9780128116463, Paperback ISBN: 9780128114872.
6. N. Upadhyay, K Vishvakarma, J Singh, R Verma, V Prakash,S. Jain, V Prakash, R Rani, DK Tripathi, S Sharma (2019), Plant-Microbe-Soil interactions for reclamation of degraded soils: Potential and Challenges. In: Arora N., Kumar N. (eds) Phyto and Rhizo Remediation. Microorganisms for Sustainability, vol 9. Springer, Singapore.
7. Geetanjali, Agrahari R, Kumar S, Rani R (2020), Microbial Fuel Cell-Based Process, for Wastewater Treatment and Power, Generation, K. M. Gothandam et al. (eds.), Environmental Biotechnology Vol. 1, Environmental Chemistry for a Sustainable World 44, Springer Nature, Switzerland.
8. Gupta S, Dangi L, Patra JK, Rani R, (2021), Application of Enzymes in Bioremediation of Contaminated Hydrosphere and Soil Environment, H. Thatoi et al. (eds.), Bioprospecting of Enzymes in Industry, Healthcare and Sustainable Environment, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-33-4195-1_1, Springer
9. Aishvarya Gautam, Anamika Kushwaha, Radha Rani (2021), Microbial remediation of hexavalent chromium: An eco-friendly strategy for the remediation of chromium-contaminated wastewater, in " The Future of Effluent Treatment Plants, Biological Treatment Systems", Elsevier, Pages 361-384
1. Rani R., Lal R., Kanade G.S. and Juwarkar A. (2009) Isolation and characterization of a phorate degrading bacterium, Letters in Applied Microbiology, Vol 49(1), 112-116. (IF- 2.01) publisher: Wiley
2. Rani R. and Juwarkar Asha (2009) Adsorption of phorate, an organophosphorus pesticide on vertisol, Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, Volume 58, Number 4, 927-934. (IF-2.04) publisher: Springer
3. Rani R., Padole P. Chakrabarti T., Juwarkar Asha (2012), Phytotransformation of phorate by Brassica juncea (Indian Mustard). Water Air and Soil Pollution Vol 223(3), 1383-1392. (IF-1.87) publisher: Springer
4. Rani R and Juwarkar A (2012), Biodegradation of phorate in soil and rhizosphere of Brassica juncea (L.) (Indian Mustard) by microbial consortium. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation. Vol 71, 36-42. (IF-2.3) publisher: Elsevier
5. A. Kushwaha, A Gautam, S. Kumar, R. Rani (2015) Heavy metal detoxification and tolerance mechanisms in plants: Its implications for Phytoremediation. Environmental Reviews, 23: 1–13 dx.doi.org/10.1139/er-2015-0010 (IF-4.0) NRC Research Press.
6. H. Pandey, R. Rani, V. Agarwal (2016) Liposome and Their Applications in Cancer Therapy. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. On-line version ISSN 1678-4324, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/1678-4324-2016150477. (IF-0.6) Scielo Press
7. R. Rani, A Juwarkar (2016) Influence of phorate (an organophosphorus insecticide) on the chemical composition of root. Journal of Environmental Biology. Vol 37, 413-419, (IF-0.5) Triveni Publications, India
8. Upadhyay N, Sharma S, Rani R, Devi S, Tiwari A (2016), Unraveling the soil bacterial diversity of Chloroxylon spp. from degraded soils of Uttar Pradesh, Research Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 11 (5) 50-57. (IF-0.4)
9. Upadhyay N, Verma S, Singh AP, Devi S, Vishwakarma K, Kumar N, Pandey A, Dubey K, Mishra R, Tripathi D, Rani R, Sharma S (2016) Soil ecophysiological and microbiological indices of soil health: a study of coal mining site in Sonbhadra, Uttar Pradesh, Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition. http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0718-95162016005000056. (IF-2.1)
10. Kushwaha A, Rani R, Kumar S, Thomas T, David A, Ahmed M, (2017) A new insight to adsorption and accumulation of high lead concentration by exopolymer and whole cells of lead-resistant bacterium Acinetobacter junii L. Pb1 isolated from coal mine dump. Environ. Sci. Poll. Res. 24(11) 10652-651 (IF-2.8)
11. Upadhyay N, Viswakarma K, Singh Jaspreet, Mishra M, Kumar V, Rani R, Mishra R, Chauhan D, Tripathi D, Sharma S (2017) Tolerance and reduction of chromium(VI) by Bacillus sp. MNU16 isolated from contaminated coal mining soil. Frontiers in Plant Science 8:778 doi: 10.3389/fpls.2017.00778
12. Kushwaha A, Hans N, Kumar S, Rani R (2018) A critical review on speciation, mobilization and toxicity of lead in soil-microbe-plant system and bioremediation strategies. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 147: 1035-1045.
13. Singh PK, Kushwaha A, Hans N, Gautam A, Rani R, (2019) Evaluation of the cytotoxicity and interaction of lead with lead resistant bacterium Acinetobacter junii Pb1. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, 50(1), 223-230.
14. Kushwaha A, Rani R, JK Patra (2019), Adsorption kinetics and molecular interactions of lead [Pb(II)] with natural clay and humic acid. International Journal of environmental science and Technology, 1-12.
15. Geetanjali, Radha Rani, Sanjay Kumar (2019), Optimization of operating conditions of miniaturize single chambered microbial fuel cell using NiWO4/graphene oxide modified anode for performance improvement and microbial communities dynamics. Bioresource Technology, Volume 285, August 2019, 121337.
16. Geetanjali, Radha Rani, Sanjay Kumar, (2019) High-capacity polyaniline-coated molybdenum oxide composite as an effective catalyst for enhancing the electrochemical performance of microbial fuel cell, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. Vol 44 (31), 16933-16943.
17. Geetanjali, Radha Rani, Sanjay Kumar, (2019), Enhanced Performance of a Single Chamber Microbial Fuel Cell Using NiWO4/Reduced Graphene Oxide Coated Carbon Cloth Anode, Fuel cells, https://doi.org/10.1002/fuce.201800120.
18. Agarwal P, Giri BS, Rani R (2020), Unravelling the Role of Rhizospheric Plant-microbe Synergy in Phytoremediation: A Genomic Perspective, Current Genomics, 21, doi: 2174/1389202921999200623133240.
19. Geetanjali, Radha Rani, Sanjay Kumar, (2020) Microbial community dynamics of microbial fuel cell in response to NiWO4/rGO nanocomposites as electrocatalyst and its correlation with electrochemical properties, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2020.104668
20. Srivastava A, Radha Rani, Kumar S, (2020), Role of biological processes for treatment of textile waste water– A state of Art review, Vol. 97, No. 10a, October 2020, pp. 1-5
1. Verma S, Singh AP, Radha Rani, Sharma S, Dubey K. (2014) Assessment of Microbial Community and Soil Enzyme Activity of Coal Mine Dumps of Sonbhadra Uttar Pradesh, India. Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Bio-Informatics, Bio-Technology and Environmental Engineering, 1-2 June, 2014, London, UK ISBN: 978-1-63248-009-5
2. Radha Rani, A. Juwarkar (2015) Effect of presence of pesticides in growth medium on the exudation behaviour of plants: A study with phorate (an organophosphate insecticide) and Pisum sativum. International Conference on Biological, Environment and Food Engineering (BEFE-2015), May 15-16, 2015 Singapore. ISBN 978-93-84422-19-6, doi: http://dx.doc.org/10.15242/IICBE.CO515009.
3. Geetanjali, Bharadwaj K.R., Kumar S, Radha Rani (2015) Effect of chamber volume, electrode material and cation exchange membrane on performance of Microbial Fuel Cell. International Conference on Advances in Energy Research (ICAER 2015), Dec 15-17, IIT Bombay, India.